Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fellow Traveler



Along life's path I see them.
Some faces
appear weary
from the journey thus far.

Others are harder to read.
Though outward lighthearted.
Inward perhaps
a heart heavy.

What a difference I might make,
if I stop to recognize
these nameless faces
as fellow travelers.

Treading a path similar to my own.
With joys, sorrows and struggles.
All combining to create
a part of their story, their journey.

What would it mean to them,
if I took the time to listen and care?
If I offered a reassuring hand
to help steady my fellow traveler.

What does it mean to me?
When I am in the depths of despair.
To have someone try to understand,
or to hold my trembling hands.

Calm reassurance enters my soul.
To know that I am not alone.
That others walk this path with me.
A great blessing to this life of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment