Sunday, July 31, 2016

Forgiveness

Dear Family,

I have added a few people to my weekly email message. I learned of this idea from my Mission President earlier this year when I visited him for his 96th birthday. He calls his email "no empty chairs". I believe this idea to weekly share a short testimony and a message about a gospel topic is a powerful way to show each of you my love for you without being overbearing and have a hope that we all will share our desires to sit at the same eternal table and feast on the words of Christ with God for all eternity. 
I hope you have had a good week.  This week’s message is from our most recent General Conference.  The talk focuses on the how healing it can be when we forgive those that have trespassed against us.  We are commanded to forgive others.  When we do, we are exercising our trust in God and we can be freed from carrying that burden with us.  I am grateful for each of you!

I Love you all so Much
DaD



“As victims, if we are faithful, we can take great comfort in knowing that God will compensate us for every injustice we experience. Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin stated: “The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. … Every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude.”
As we strive to forgive others, let us also try to remember that we are all growing spiritually, but we are all at different levels. While it is easy to observe the changes and growth in the physical body, it is difficult to see the growth in our spirits.

One key to forgiving others is to try to see them as God sees them. At times, God may part the curtain and bless us with the gift to see into the heart, soul, and spirit of another person who has offended us. This insight may even lead to an overwhelming love for that person.”

Elder Kevin R. Duncan, of the Seventy

No comments:

Post a Comment